Organizational Mission Statement
The mission of Nashville Singers is to entertain, educate, unite and uplift our audiences and members through music that is distinguished for its innovation, diversity and artistic excellence.
Philanthropic Mission Statement
The philanthropic mission of Nashville Singers is to provide resources and support for music education in our schools and the community.
Leadership Mission Statement
The leadership mission of Nashville Singers is to seek, develop, use and enhance the skills and talents of each member to such an extent that progress seems limitless.
The vision of Nashville Singers is to be a dynamic choral leader, enriching lives through the performance of significant music; collaborating with highly engaged, skilled donors to make a substantive impact on music education in our schools and the community.
2009-2014 Strategic Vision - six cornerstone elements
A strategic plan covering the years 2011 to 2020 was created by our Executive Director and approved by our board of directors in 2011 to help achieve our strategic vision and other mission critical objectives.
- Nashville Singers is recognized as one of the premier choral organizations in North America, and serves as an artistic incubator.
- Nashville Singers will continue to produce choral performances that exemplify the highest standards of musicianship, artistry and entertainment.
- Nashville Singers will strengthen organizational sustainability by building audiences and achieving long-term sustainable funding, with corporate sponsors, major individual donors, a planned giving program, and a financial reserve.
- Nashville Singers will increase local and national awareness of the Nashville Singers brand through public and television performances, webcasts, and by nurturing relationships with churches, schools, and other arts organizations.
- Nashville Singers will support and enrich our members, leadership, volunteers, and designated charitable organizations.
- Nashville Singers has artists who want to appear as guest performers with the chorus.
Membership in the Nashville Singers and the following core values are intertwined:
- Singing - We love to sing. Through singing, we provide opportunities for personal expression, spread joy in performance, and enrich our lives and the lives of others.
- Fellowship - We foster rich relationships. We are committed to inclusive and respectful relationships based on integrity, trust and reputation. Our companionship cultivates lasting friendships and a sense of belonging. Collaboration on common interests bonds people of diverse interests and backgrounds.
- Fun - We have fun. We sing for the sheer enjoyment of it. Singing is accompanied by laughter, camaraderie, and the happiness of sharing the magic of a great performance.
- Enrichment - We seek personal growth and enrichment through singing. Education permeates all that we do. We promote skills in performance, interpersonal relationships, leadership, evaluation, collaboration and administration. A culture of lifelong learning encourages members to continually seek personal growth.
- Creativity - We embrace and celebrate creativity. We create sound from silence. In that act of creativity, we bring forth beauty, hope, joy and other artistic expressions. As performers we experience the exhilaration of delivering a powerful message through exceptional performances. We deliver these results to our audiences who, in turn, undergo their own emotional uplifting. A powerful core of creation inspires us to honor the art of song in everything we do.
Achieving this “Vision and Mission” will require the full commitment and dedication of every member. Each individual singer is expected to be a “team player” with a positive attitude that is focused on quality improvement. This focus must occur both during and outside of rehearsals to improve one’s vocal and visual performing abilities and to accomplish assigned non-singing job(s).
Click here to download a copy of our 2012 Annual Report
Want to know more? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org