Do you enjoy singing?
Is the shower not enough?
Want to improve your singing?
How about free singing lessons?
Nashville Singers is offering FREE SINGING LESSONS
March 23, 2013
Registration Opens at 8:30am
Whitworth Memorial Baptist Church
A map is shown below.
a third consecutive year, Nashville Singers is offering free singing
lessons to aspiring singers in Middle Tennessee. This program is open to
male and female singers young and old, from teenagers to senior
lessons are full of valuable and creative opportunities for skill,
talent and knowledge growth. The clinicians are excellent. The content
is rich and exciting. You'll receive a combination of technical and
artistic vocal training, covering the following areas:
- Breathing-posture, breath support and control for singing freely produced tones
- Resonance-tone placement, emotional color and blend
- Vowels - target sounds, diction and diphthongs
- Rhythm - creating precise synchronization
- Dynamics - use of soft/loud ranges to create meaning and artistic joy
- Artistry - something magical that can happen when notes and words become second nature
Here is an overview of the impact of last year's Acappella Academy:
• Interpreting a Song - Average score increased 48%
• Vocal Quality - Average score increased 44%
• Singing with Dynamics - Average score increased 37%
• Hearing/Singing Harmony - Average score increased 37%
• Visual Performance - Average score increased 33%
• Breath Support - Average score increased 32%
• Matching Vowels - Average score increased 32%
• Balancing Chords - Average score increased 31%
• Confidence - Average score increased 30%
• Singing in Tune - Average score increased 27%
• Matching Pitch - Average score increased 21%
• Vocal Range - Average score increased 18%
*Based on a 48% sampling of the program participants, the overall average increase in skills was 33%.
What's new this year?
- Due to an expected increase in program participants, on-site registration will begin at 8:30am.
break between the educational portion of the schedule and the free
mini-concert performance has been shortened by 90 minutes.
- The mini-concert will start at 4:00pm, two hours earlier than last year.
- If requested in advance, and for a nominal fee of $10, Nashville Singers can provide a box lunch and bottled water.
minimum age required for participants is 13 years old. Young singers
aged 13-15 will need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the
duration of the event.
Q: Do I have to register, or can I just show up?
A: Please register online be completing the form shown above or by calling 615-852-SING (7464). However, walk-ins are welcome.
singing lessons will be presented in a warm, friendly atmosphere
appropriate to both beginners and experienced singers. Each lesson will
provide time for a vocal warm-up, plus group instruction taught by an
experienced music educators and directors from the artistic staff of
Nashville Singers. The instruction is provided free of charge.
Regardless of your level of experience, do not miss out on this
fabulous opportunity. Make this the season you enhance your vocal and
artistic talents while having fun and enjoying singing. You will not
regret it. Lesson space is limited and offered on a first-come,
first-served basis. You may register alone or with a friend who likes
THE BEST PART:
You're invited to join Nashville Singers that afternoon at
4:00pm when we present a free mini-concert for your friends and
family. You'll be able to join us on stage to sing the songs we've
If you are interested in improving your
singing in a positive, supportive, fun and creative environment, sign
up for Acappella Academy today by clicking on the logo shown above.!
"The free singing lessons program was a "5-Star Experience." What
Nashville Singers does is so important. Singing is good for the soul
and great for the spirit of the singer. I appreciated the
professionalism and being made to feel so welcome." - Mark Riley
"I love to sing! What I appreciated most was that for the men of
Nashville Singers, singing is not a job, it's a passion." - Terry Palus
8:30am to 9:00am - Registration, group assignments
9:00pm to 10:15am - Section One
10:15am to 10:30am - Break
10:30pm - 12:00pm - Section Two
12:00pm to 12:45pm - Lunch
12:45pm to 2:15pm - Section Three
2:15pm to 2:30pm - Break
2:30pm to 3:30pm - Section Four
3:30pm to 3:50pm - Instructors available for one on one questions
3:50pm to 4:00pm - Break
4:00pm to 5:00pm - Free mini concert upstairs in the sanctuary, to
include the two songs learned earlier in the day, as well as some new
songs from the Nashville Singers
week's program attracted 27 participants from across Tennessee and as
far away as Ohio. Not counting the members of the Nashville Singers,
seven people are already registered. Are you?
For questions, call Executive Director Todd Wilson at 615-852-SING (7464).